The Omo Valley has been a crossroads and meeting point of different cultures in the region for thousands of years. A trip here is to explore some of the diverse traditions that still exist in the area, as well as to learn about some of the last remaining tribes of Africa.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Addis Ababa airport: transfer in
- Addis Ababa city tour
- Transfer from Addis Ababa to Awassa via archaeological sites
- Visit Tiya archaeological site
- Visit the fish market at Lake Awassa
- Transfer from Awassa to Arba Minch
- Dorze village visit
- Boat trip on Lake Chamo
- Transfer from Arba Minch to Turmi
- See the traditional night dancing of the Hamer people
- Visit the Dassenech tribe near Omorate
- Visit the Hamer tribe
- Transfer from Turmi to Jinka via Dimeka and Key Afar
- At leisure in Jinka
- Visit Mursi tribe and Mago National Park
- Visit the South Omo Museum & Research Centre
- Visit Ari village
- Transfer from Jinka to Konso
- Konso cultural landscape visit
- Transfer from Konso to Lake Langano
- At leisure at Lake Langano
- Visit Abiatta-Shala National Park
- Transfer from Lake Langano to Addis Ababa
- Addis Ababa airport: transfer out
The wettest months are June to September, but temperatures remain pretty steady year round. In the lowlands the climate is pleasantly warm (although can be humid) for most of the year, but if you plan to travel around, take altitude into consideration. If your travel plans involve time at various elevations, you will need to pack for all eventualities.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more