This exciting itinerary visits remote communities in the Simien Mountains and the area surrounding Lalibela, including visits to the historic town of Gondar and the famous rock-hewn churches of Lalibela.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Addis Ababa airport: transfer in
- Addis Ababa city tour
- Flight: Addis Ababa to Gondar
- City tour of Gondar, Camelot of Africa
- Transfer from Gondar to the Simien Mountains
- Trek from Buyit Ras to Sankober
- Trek from Sankober to Geech
- Trek from Geech to Chenek
- half-day trek to Simien Mountains community (Argin)
- Transfer from the Simien Mountains to Gondar
- Flight: Gondar to Lalibela
- Visit the Northwestern Cluster of churches
- Half-day excursion to Yimrehane Kristos
- Visit the Southeastern Cluster of churches
- Wollo community trek: Boya to Aina Amba
- Transfer from Lalibela to start community hike
- Wollo community trek: Aina Amba to Kurtain Washa
- Wollo Community trek: Kurtain Washa to Geneta Maryam
- Transfer from community trek to Lalibela
- Flight: Lalibela to Addis Ababa.
- At leisure in Addis Ababa
- Addis Ababa airport: transfer out
The wettest months are June to September, but temperatures remain pretty steady year round. In the lowlands the climate is pleasantly warm (although can be humid) for most of the year, but if you plan to travel around, take altitude into consideration. If your travel plans involve time at various elevations, you will need to pack for all eventualities.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more