Get to know Ethiopia's natural wonders in this 9 day tour which will show you everything from towering mountain peaks to tumbling waterfalls. Begin in Addis Ababa, the country's thriving capital, before travelling out to Awash National Park for an unforgettable safari experience. From there, you will travel to the Bale Mountains, one of Ethiopia's most remote and wild national parks. Upon arrival in Dinsho, the headquarters of the national park, you will begin a four day trek through the landscape - scaling peaks and soaking in hot springs along the way. The trek ends at the Sanetti Plateau, home of the elusive Ethiopian Wolf, where you will have the chance to spot some of the country's rarest wildlife.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Addis Ababa airport: transfer in
- Addis Ababa city tour
- Transfer from Addis Ababa to Awash
- Game drive in Awash National Park
- Morning visit to Awash National Park
- Transfer from Awash to the Bale Mountains National Park
- Hike around Dinsho
- Bale Mountains trek - Day 1 - Dinsho to Sodota
- Bale Mountains trek - Day 2 - Sodota to Worgona
- Bale Mountains trek - Day 3 - Worgona to Garba Guracha
- Bale Mountains trek - Day 4 -Garba Guracha to Dinsho
- Transfer from the Bale Mountains to Awassa
- Boat trip on Lake Awassa
- Visit the fish market at Lake Awassa
- Transfer Awassa to Addis Ababa via Abiatta-Shala National Park
- Addis Ababa airport: transfer out
The wettest months are June to September, but temperatures remain pretty steady year round. In the lowlands the climate is pleasantly warm (although can be humid) for most of the year, but if you plan to travel around, take altitude into consideration. If your travel plans involve time at various elevations, you will need to pack for all eventualities.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more