"Lovely the woods, waters, meadows, combes, vales... All the air things wear that build this world of Wales"
Gerard Manley Hopkins
Rolling hills scattered with nimble sheep and sturdy wild ponies, green valleys punctuated by historic villages and ancient abbeys, a meandering coastline sprinkled with hidden coves and vast sandy beaches... Wales is a wild and wonderful place. The language is like the music it's so famed for, and the people are proud of their heritage and love welcoming visitors to their nation. Scale a mountain in Snowdonia, kayak the rivers that wind alongside the the ancient ruins of priories in the wooded valleys or walk the incredible coastal paths. For such a small country, Wales has a huge amount to offer.
Our trusted local experts in Wales
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Best things to do in Wales
Lesser-known things to do in Wales
The best time to go to Wales
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Wales entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.