Rolling hills and lake-filled valleys, winding lanes and thatched villages, ancient history and glorious architecture...
England is a country bursting with culture and countryside appeal. Travellers with a thirst for history will be pushed for time when it comes to choosing which sites to visit - are you after Stone Age forts, Roman walls, Medieval villages, Georgian palaces or Victorian ingenuity? It's all here. For the adventurous, the varied English landscape lends itself perfectly to a huge array of activities. Take in glorious views as you walk or cycle through the Cotswolds, wake yourself up wild swim off the Cornish coast, or take a paddleboard or a canoe up the river to a quintessential English pub...
Our trusted local experts in England
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Best things to do in England
Best time to go to England
What to read or watch before you visit England
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in England entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.