Jungle adventures, ancient ruins and a submarine paradise
Belize is the epitome of a tropical daydream. Hammock-strewn palms sway over warm white sands while turtles and colourful fish dart around a network of coral that is UNESCO recognised and second only to Australia's Great Barrier Reef. The adventurous are spoilt for choice, with opportunities to hike, zip-line, kayak, birdwatch, fish, ride and explore hundreds of caves. Birdwatchers can train their binoculars on some 570 avian species and wildlife lovers should keep their eyes peeled for howler and spider monkeys, tapirs, iguanas or the ever-elusive jaguar. The jungle also shelters fascinating relics from the bygone age of the Maya.
Our trusted local experts in Belize
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
The top three things to do in Belize
Lesser-known things to do in Belize
When is the best time to go to Belize?
Interesting facts about Belize
What to read before you go to Belize
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Belize entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.