'Eat a coconut while you still have teeth.'
Endless shades of blue surround the 1,200 islands of the Maldives, where unwinding in, under and near the water are the most popular activities. One of the world's premier diving destinations, the reefs of the Maldives offer a huge variety of marine life from manta rays and whale sharks to shoals of tiny colourful fish. Fishing, sailing and snorkeling are other major attractions on a holiday in the Maldives, but don't forget to put some time aside to get to know the local culture. Take a tour with a local guide around the capital or stay on a local residential island to see a different side to the archipelago. The Maldives aren't just for honeymooners - there is enough culture, adventure, wildlife and pampering to make your tailor made Maldives holiday as varied as you want it to be.
Our trusted local experts in Maldives
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Best things to do in the Maldives
Lesser-known highlights of the Maldives
Things to know before you go to the Maldives
Best time to go to the Maldives
Interesting facts about the Maldives
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Maldives entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.