If the urge strikes to get back to nature, head to Borneo
A tropical wonderland stuffed with adventure and crawling with wildlife, Borneo has huge appeal. Some of the largest remaining tracts of equatorial rainforest blanket the island, sheltering a incredible number of species including orangutans. Alongside all that wildlife, experience fascinating tribal traditions and challenging peaks before recharging in hot springs or on the many lovely island beaches. Various cultural influences and religions coexist here, adding a compelling slant to Borneo's status as one of the great natural refuges on Earth.
Our trusted local experts in Borneo
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top four things to do in Borneo
Lesser-known highlights in Borneo
When is the best time to go to Borneo?
Insider tips from our local experts
Interesting facts about Borneo
What to read before you go to Borneo
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Borneo entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.