From the sublime to the divine…
Visiting Bhutan feels almost like walking into the pages of a storybook. In this pristine Himalayan Kingdom, happiness rules supreme and equilibrium with nature is carefully maintained. There are strict policies on how many tourists can visit and it is enshrined in law that at least 60% of the country must remain forested. Bhutan really does do things differently and the atmosphere of tolerance and respect is all pervasive. If you are one of the lucky few, you’ll find yourself roundly welcomed by the country’s well educated Buddhist people, and swept up in the majesty of the surroundings. Bhutan is a nation of cultural quirks and Himalayan landscapes that is just waiting to be discovered by intrepid travellers.
Our trusted local experts in Bhutan
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top five things to do in Bhutan
Lesser-known highlights in Bhutan
When is the best time to go to Bhutan?
Interesting facts about Bhutan
What to read before you go to Bhutan
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Bhutan entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.