One awesome waterfall, three mighty rivers and countless wild animals.
As well as the spectacular landscape and wonderful wildlife, Zambia's vibrant culture will capture your heart. Explore the traditions of 73 distinct peoples - try getting involved at Likumbi Lya Mize festival, where masked dancers and market stalls fill the streets - or get to know the real Zambia in villages far from the beaten path. Lose yourself in Zambia’s untrodden wilds where predators stalk, ungulates wander in search of water, and birds flit among the woodlands. A trio of national parks protect Zambia’s finest natural treasures and its huge wealth of wildlife, as well as its pristine river systems which feed a network of wetlands equally rich in African creatures.
Our trusted local experts in Zambia
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Zambia
Lesser known things to do in Zambia
When is the best time to visit Zambia?
Interesting facts about Zambia
Insider tips from our local experts
What to read before you go to Zambia
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Zambia entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.