Birds, beaches and a warm, Senegalese welcome
Senegal has an energy which sweeps you up and keeps you afloat in the maelstrom of African beats, colourful markets and smiling people. French colonial influence lingers in the language and architecture, yet there is a distinctly African flavour to discover in the communities and landscapes. The capital, Dakar, is a lively metropolis spoiled with seafood and rich with cultures and traditions, including a world renowned music scene. Elsewhere, a multitude of adventures awaits. Surf the Atlantic coast, explore the waterways in search of bird life, or visit the Ile de Gorée, a scenic island steeped in history.
Our trusted local experts in Senegal
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Senegal
Lesser-known things to do in Senegal
When is the best time to visit Senegal?
Insider tips from our trusted local experts
Interesting facts about Senegal
What to read before you go to Senegal
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Senegal entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.