Smiling is contagious
Known as the "Warm heart of Africa", the irrepressible spirit of Malawi’s people envelopes you as soon as you arrive. Broad smiles and a lighthearted sense of mirth are part of the national character, and if you learn a few words of Chichewa, the local language, you’ll earn an even warmer reception. Malawi is long and slim with the Great Rift Valley running through it and super-sized Lake Malawi to the east. Within its borders are high peaks, swaying grasslands and misty forests. Wildlife is plentiful, and after a series of reintroductions, it’s now possible to catch sight of the classic safari Big Five.
Our trusted local experts in Malawi
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top three things to do in Malawi
Lesser-known things to do in Malawi
When is the best time to go to Malawi?
Insider tips from our trusted local experts
Interesting facts about Malawi
What to read before you go to Malawi
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Malawi entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.